Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Food!!!! :) :(

You're probably wondering about the smiley and the frowning icons...

The reason for that is I had both a beautiful and somewhat horrifying experience with the Filipino cuisine.

Let's start with the beautiful...
The people here love their PORK!!! and this suits me fine because I enjoy my daily RED MEAT requirement. (Is there even such a food group) 

Allison and I were brought to this wonderful place  just within the city. We were told that this was how the Philippinos (That's what the Philippine People want to be called) enjoy their barbecue. (before reaching this place though we passed I think 5 more restaurants specializing in barbecue)

SO we ordered the house special. It was a K-bob of pork slices that were grilled to perfection!
In the course of our stay we tried out a few other foods as well such the "a dobo" and the "menudo". The food here is great!

Now for the :( part of my title.


I got to eat Balut!!! for those of you who are in the know!! some of you may already be laughing or sympathizing with me at this point. For those of you who don't know what a balut is let me describe it to you.

A balut is a duck egg that is cooked with the growing duck fetus inside. So in essence it is an aborted duck fetus!!! :( :( :( I couldn't get past this fact, and needless to say. I didn't finish mine whereas Allison was all enjoying the moment. She slurped that mother down like it was no body's business. daymn...

1 comment:

  1. another thing that gave me a :( experience with food : I was diagnosed with acute food poisoning after eating Blue Marlin from a "Barkadahan grill" restaurant. :(

    don't try it guys. It's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete