Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cagayan de Oro City - The People

The People are great. Maybe it's because i am a foreigner or something but the people do seem generally friendly. It is my first time in the Philippines and this is my first city here. It's great being around these people.

There's a down side to this though. I see some children on the streets. I have come to accept this as a norm for developing countries where there is a wide gap between the elite and the derelict but still it shatters my heart looking at them. I gave a few of them hot meals. Anything to help. :) Wish I could do more.

There aren't a lot of them here (I wa told that there are more in Manila as it was a bigger city) but don't you think that a single child on the street is one too many? :(

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's true. It is so heart breaking to see those children on street begging for something to eat each day. I wish the government could do something about it.

    Mariel from Cagayan de Oro

    ReplyDelete